header

Welcome About Me Works Writings Blog Contact

2.17.2009

the secret lives of mannequins

For years I’ve wanted to do a series on mannequins, and this is just the beginning. “Tag, You’re It” is the newest addition to my shop and I can’t wait to add more. I’m fascinated by these inanimate imitations of us, not only that it’s easy to imagine them having a life of their own – but also how they are used by different cultures.
This was shot in Israel, probably in Tel Aviv – though I don’t recall. Most of the Israeli mannequins I photographed seemed more intent on getting a laugh than in garnering admiration for material goods. Here’s another Israeli favorite of mine:


I continued this unintended series during our 2 year stint in London as well. Just wait till you see what the British do with their mannequins!

No comments:

Post a Comment